6.26.2011

The Lake and Looking Ahead...

Saturday was our first time out on the local lake with Chris' parents in their boat. Noah was not as easygoing as last summer, but he warmed up to it pretty quickly. He "drove" a little bit, but seemed to enjoy eating chips and watching Daddy ski more than anything. He tells me he will ski when he gets "a little bigger someday." Here are some of Jamie's pictures from our day!


Noah and Papa focus on the task at hand



Looking ahead to this week...

I need prayers and advice as I am determined to potty train Noah this week! To the shock of all who know me, I am blocking out the whole week to stay home and get this boy going on the potty. I think when he tells me not to look at him and, "I'm hiding, Mommy. I need Desitin," that perhaps it is time. I am going into this so blind because, obviously, I have never potty trained anyone before... well, besides Chris. Anyway, I have grand plans of putting him in his big-boy underwear and having him drink lots of liquids and sit on the potty ever half hour or so. Of course, I will use lots of stickers and charts and bribes and whatever else I can pile on to reward him!!! Anyone have a better idea? Wish me luck... I'll keep you updated...

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What lake were you on? Joe Pool? Cute pictures. Good luck with the potty training! I have no advice for you, but I'm sure, knowing you, that it will be a big success.

Angela said...

Yep, Joe Pool! Thanks, Trace... thanks for the confidence... ;)