9.03.2011

Bitten by the Bears

Warning: This post contains excessive lamentations over TCU's loss last night to Baylor.

Star-Telegram Game Recap

I am certainly not reliving that game, but if you want to read about it, you can click the above link to the Star-Telegram article.

Final score: TCU 48, Baylor 50. In any other game, 48 points would win... but not when our defense proved holier than Baylor's, hahaha. Not funny, actually.

Anyway, the game was like a bipolar roller coaster ride, as evidenced from this series of texts between me and my aunt "Ninny," who went to the game in Waco:

7:32 N: "Fall on ur knees and be thankful u r not here in this horrendous oven! I want a/c!!! Soooo unbearable!

9:13 A: Ugh I'm just glad I'm not witnessing the collapse of our defense in person :-(
9:22 A: This is killing meeeeee

9:47 N: I am just hanging out under the stadium. The only place there's a breeze. It all sux!

9:48 A: Abt to score

9:48 A: ...maybe...

9:52 A: We. look. terrible. Gear up for a looooong season...

10:12 A: Now we have a football game
(Aunt Ninny calls to inform me she's leaving the game because her ankles are swollen and it feels like a pizza oven in there.)
10:24 A: TOUCHDOWN!!!

10:26 A: Missed the 2 pts, 44-47 Baylor with 7 min

10:28 A: TCU recovers fumble!!!

10:28 N: Got it on the radio now!!!

10:31 N: I know!!!! Dying!!!!

10:31 A: Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

10:33 N: I feel like Rachel Zoe in labor!!!!!!

10:33 A: LOL

10:34 N: No way!!!! We're ahead!!!

10:34 A: Yes way!!!

10:36 N: They owe me after the horrible experience this has been! My ankles are total cankles!

10:37 A: Haha sorry :-(

10:38 N: Ull get to view them tomorrow...

10:45 A: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

10:57 N: The Baylor coach just said on the radio that he's glad the frogs get to go home upset...!!! What an unprofessional jerk!

Anyway, it is such a travesty that our three-years-straight #1-ranked defense allowed 50 points, but I have to hand it to Baylor.

Now that I'm slowly climbing out of my deep depression, I have devised a plan for the rest of the season. Baylor MUST win out, including beating current #1-ranked OU (who also must have a good season despite a disappointing loss to Baylor). Then, TCU must also have a little conversation with our young secondary (something along the lines of losing scholarships and public humiliation) and suddenly have team that is reminiscent of Rose Bowl champions for the rest of the season, pounding Boise State on their smurf turf and blowing all our opponents out of the water. Then, a 2-point loss to #1-ranked Baylor (at the end of the regular season) won't look so bad. At that point, we earn a third consecutive berth to a BCS bowl, possibly even a rematch against Baylor, in which we put RGIII to shame and redeem our current humiliation.

We can hope.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from our game-watching party:

The Hostess

The Spread
The Fans
More Fans
The Friends
The Crowd
The Despair
Oh, and you may notice Chris' longtime friend Ryan, from back in their Chicago days. Ryan came in for a visit from Providence, where he's finishing school. He sadly experienced TCU's first regular-season loss since 2008. : (

No comments: