Thursday was my foray to the Art Institute of Chicago. Like
a seasoned city slicker, I boarded the bus and rode up Michigan Avenue to the
home of such famous works as Seurat’s A
Sunday on La Grande Jatte, Grant Wood’s American
Gothic, and van Gogh’s The Bedroom.
I loved Chagall’s America Windows and
all of Renoir’s paintings.
I barely scratched the surface at the art museum
before Chris and Kirk called and picked me up for lunch at Portillo’s, where we
ate Chicago-style hot dogs. These were different, not bad, but just not my
thing. We then did some sightseeing and went into Macy’s (formerly Marshall
Field’s) to view the beautiful Tiffany glass mosaic again, this time up close
from the 5th floor.
We also toured Water Tower Place, a mall with a
huge American Girl store (I wished I was eight again) and a great Lego store,
complete with Woody out of Legos.
| An old cathedral along our walk |
The highlight of Chris and Kirk’s trip was when we happened
upon a car dealer, and not just any car dealer.
| The Lamborghini acted as a beacon, directing men to this dealership... |
Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce,
Ferrari, Bentley and Bugatti dealer. Yeah, in case you didn’t know (I didn’t), the
Bugatti Veyron is the world’s fastest production car. It goes 0-60 in 2.5
seconds. We had to mop the floor from all the drool Chris and Kirk produced…
because the Bugatti Veyron was there in front of us, one of 100 produced in the
world. Unfortunately, it was already sold.
| Wipe your chins, guys. |
For dinner, we met Art and Mark at a trendy
little restaurant called “Mercadito,” which specialized in fancy and varied
tacos and guacamoles. It was overpriced but delicious, and we enjoyed some good
conversation with Art and Mark.
1 comment:
American Gothic was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Did you think that? Looks like you had fun! Makes me want to go back.
Post a Comment