9.27.2011

A Wednesday in Chicago


Wednesday, Chris went to FDA training and Kirk to the convention, so Art offered to accompany me to the Museum of Science and Industry. He picked me up and we enjoyed several hours in the museum, although I kept wishing I had Noah with us! It was interactive and so appealing to everything Noah—trains, planes, tractors, lots of buttons to push, etc. It was nice to share some sightseeing with someone.
Watch chicks hatch at the Museum of Science & Industry

Art on the silver streak train
 We loved the U-boat exhibit, featuring the only U-boat captured in WWII. It was a great story and a monumental submarine; we paid extra to go inside for the guided tour.

The German U-Boat


Art took me back to the hotel in time for Chris and I, with the help of the concierge and my great googling skills, to find a two-for-one coupon for a Wendella Architectural Cruise on the Chicago River. This was one of my favorite things we did; the guide did a great job narrating the tour and it was a beautiful late afternoon/evening. My pictures turned out wonderfully, if I say so myself.

Trump Tower

Wrigley Building
Marina City Buildings

333 Wacker Drive


United Building
Wrigley Building

Trump Tower at sunset
After the cruise, Chris and I walked to Giordano’s for some Chicago-style “stuffed pizza,” which I think is more akin to lasagna than pizza. 


It was ridiculous. About a pound of cheese with all the toppings actually hidden in the cheese, then the sauce was on top of all that. The crust tasted like a flaky Pillsbury crescent roll. 
Our Chicago-Style Pizza
I did the best I could, and we had no trouble finding a panhandler to take our leftovers.

No comments: