12.07.2014

Life Lessons

I want to share a story about my sweet six-year-old, mainly because I want to remember these moments in the years to come.

Yesterday morning I asked him to brush his teeth and use his mouthwash. Through my motherly intuition and deductive powers of reasoning, I suspected he hadn't used the mouthwash, but he insisted several times that he had. I continued to press him for the truth until he finally admitted that he hadn't exactly used the mouthwash because he doesn't like the taste. 

As you might guess, I was not all that upset about whether he had used the mouthwash, but was saddened that Noah had told me a lie. I sat down and explained the importance of the truth, and asked if he knows who is the father of lies (John 8:44). I was so proud when he told me the answer (Satan), and I reminded him to listen to God and not the devil. At that point, my tender-hearted boy burst into tears, showing such remorse that I knew he wouldn't need further punishment, and I started to wonder if I had been too harsh. When I filled Chris in on our conversation, he said, "You know that's not gonna work on Audrey, right?"

Matthew 18:2-3 NASB
[2] And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, [3] and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

No comments: