8.09.2013

Easy Dinner Post #1

I was talking to my friend Kristin the other night, and she demanded
that I send her some easy dinner recipes ASAP. She's funny like that!
Kristin, we need some more recent pictures. This is from 2011!
So I decided, if I'm going to the trouble to type up a recipe, I might as well blog about it! 
Not a single one of these did I create. Nope, not one. I don't have time for that. I DO think I have a good eye for picking an easy recipe that will taste delicious! I can only think of three times I picked a real flop. 

Wednesday night for dinner, I made Chicken Parmesan, salad, and Rice Krispie treats for dessert. The recipes are all courtesy of my mom, one of my best sources!

EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN
1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
Italian bread crumbs
2 T canola oil (or vegetable, or olive)
1 jar of your favorite red pasta sauce (you'll need a cup but I always need some of this hanging around)
3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. grated Parmesan
8 oz. wide egg noodles

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Heat the oil in a big skillet over medium/medium high. Coat chicken breasts in the beaten eggs and then coat both sides in the bread crumbs. Brown both sides of the chicken in the hot oil, then place all the chicken in a casserole dish. Put some pasta sauce on each breast, then sprinkle your cheeses on top. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until it's bubbly and you're sure the chicken is cooked through. (So technical, huh? I have no idea what internal temperature it needs to be. Just google it.)

Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook egg noodles according to the directions. 

Serve the chicken parmesan over the pasta. Yum!

I like to change up the standard dinner salad with LOTS of sliced green onions. I love that easy twist with some light Ranch dressing.

RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Our most-requested family recipe. 
My dad is the only person I've ever met who is not a fan. However, his objection is that you can't have a cereal also be a dessert. This is similar to his stance on brownies: "Is it cake? or is it a cookie? I don't know; therefore, I don't like it." Also, he doesn't like mac & cheese, so obviously, not a credible dissident.

6 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup (creamy) peanut butter
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar (okay, I never said these were healthy)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

In a LARGE saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar over medium-high heat and stir until it begins to bubble. IMMEDIATELY remove from heat! (So important; otherwise, the treats will be really hard and not so good.) Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla, then add the Rice Krispies. Get it all mixed in well, then press into a 13x9 dish. Next, put all your chips into a bowl or Pyrex and stick it in the microwave for about a minute. Stir, then another 45 seconds or so until they're combined and really melty. Use a spatula to spread this over the treats. Let it all cool until the chocolate is hardened (good luck waiting, but I'm warning you: it's messy if you don't), then slice with a sharp knife and try not to eat them all in one sitting.

Not my picture, but this is what you're going for

2 comments:

Diana @ wonderfully made. said...

You can bring some of both to my house tonight. mmk thanks!

Anonymous said...

Mac and cheese: is it a pasta dish? No! Is it queso? Nada! Then I don't like it!! ACB