8.22.2013

Easy Dinner Post #2

I'm pretty sure I got this from Chris' cousin Lindsay's blog... and I'm typing it from memory... but here's the recipe for the dinner I made last night!

GREEK CHICKEN
3-4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/3 c. flour (I used whole wheat)
few pinches of oregano
few pinches of salt
pinch of pepper
bunch of spinach
3 oz. can pitted black olives, halved
pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
crumbled feta cheese
2 garlic cloves, crushed (I use a squeeze tube of garlic...love it! Timesaver!)
EVOO

Heat 2T of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spread flour in a shallow dish and stir in oregano, salt and pepper. Dredge the flattened chicken breasts in the flour mixture, then add to the hot oil. Cook chicken on both sides until it is cooked through, then place on a bed of fresh spinach. Add another T of EVOO to the pan, then add the garlic. Saute the garlic for a minute, then stir in tomatoes and olives for a few more minutes. Top the chicken with this mixture, then sprinkle the feta cheese on top. Ta-Da!


The kids were napping and Chris was running late from work, so I got to read Parents magazine while I enjoyed a quiet meal to myself. Could family dinners be a bit overrated?? (Kidding!)

2 comments:

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

did you love it!?! we made it the other night too :) so quick and easy. it's seriously one of my favorites :)

Angela said...

I do! Very good, and healthy :)